Stratasys Ltd. is a leading global provider of applied additive technology solutions for industries including aerospace, automotive, healthcare, consumer products and education. Along with the manufacturing vertical, SSYS is the biggest player in consumer 3D printing. I believe there are opportunities for the company's R&D efforts to provide value across business segments and for 3D printing applications to continue opening up over the years.
Summary (from the latest annual and quarterly report – 2018)
- Total equity: 1.12 billion USD
- Market Cap is 936 million USD ( the last price of the stock is 17.41 USD)
- Stratasys Ltd. is a provider of additive manufacturing (AM) solutions for the creation of parts used in the processes of designing and manufacturing products and for the direct manufacture of end parts. The Company's solutions include products ranging from entry-level desktop 3D printers to systems for rapid prototyping (RP) and production systems for direct digital manufacturing (DDM)
- Total equity has decreased from 1.13 billion USD in 2016 to 1.12 billion in 2018
- The company has 349 million USD in cash on account
- Total equity – cash on account = 1.12 billion USD – 349 million USD = 771 million USD
- In 2018 the company has 23 million USD long-term debt, short – term debt is 5 million USD (In 2016 total debt was 26 million USD)
- Company's revenue has increased in the latest annual report to 668 million USD from 672 million in 2016
- Net loss in 2017 was 40 million USD, net loss in 2016 was 77 million USD
SSYS stock has weakened more than 50% from June 2015. In 2017 revenues decreased by $4.1 million, or 0.6%, compared to 2016. The decrease primarily reflects a decrease in systems revenues, which was partially offset by an increase in consumables revenues. Net loss attributable to Stratasys amounted to $40.0 million in 2017 or diluted loss per share of $0.75 compared to net loss attributable to Stratasys of $77.2 million or diluted loss per share of $1.48 in 2016. According to the rules of technical analysis, the "bearish" trend of this stock is still very strong and for now, there is no important reason to change this negative trend. As long the price of SSYS is below $30 this stock is in the "SELL" zone. On this chart (the period from June 2015), I marked resistance and support levels. Supports levels are 1 7 USD, 16 USD and 15 USD, 20 USD and 30 USD represent the current resistance levels. If the price jumps above 20 USD it would be a "BUY" signal and we have the open way to 24 and then to 30 USD. Rising above 30 USD supports the continuation of the bullish trend overview efficiently for the upcoming period. On the other side, 16 and 15 USD represent very strong support levels, if the price breaks 15 USD it would be a very strong "SELL" signal and we have the open way to 14 USD.