Weibo Corp ADR Class A
Summary (from latest annual report – 2014)
- Total equity : 563 million USD
- Market Cap is 2.5 billion USD, ( last price of the stock is 12.09 USD)
- Weibo Corp is a social media platform for people to create, distribute and discover Chinese-language content
- Company has 283 million USD in cash on account
- Total equity – cash on account = 563 million usd – 283 million usd = 280 million usd
- In 2014 short-term debt was zero, long – term debt was zero (In 2013 total debt was also zero )
- Weibo balance sheet has become stronger in 2014 (In latest annual report - total equity increased to 563 million USD from 237 in 2013, total debt was zero in 2014)
- Company's revenue increased in 2014 to 334 million usd from 188 million in 2013
- Net loss increased in 2014 to 63 million USD from 38 million usd in 2013
Weibo Corp subsidiaries
Weibo Corp is a social media platform for people to create, distribute and discover Chinese-language content. Weibo, a Twitter-like social media platform in China, was launched by Sina in 2009 and quickly became a highly popular social network platform.
Three major shareholders of Weibo are :
SINA Corp with 56.9% - worth 1.42 billion usd
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd with 28.5% - worth 701 million usd
Invesco Hong Kong Limited with 1.7% - worth 42 million usd
Weibo Corp subsidiaries:
- Weibo Hong Kong Limited – 600 million worth
- Weibo Internet Technology (China) Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Weimeng Technology Co. Ltd 1.9 billion usd worth
- Beijing Weibo Interactive Internet Technology Co., Ltd.
Weibo Corp invested 142 million USD in China's dominant taxi-hailing firms Didi Taxi and Kuaidi Taxi
Total = 2.64 billion USD
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a not bad company (Total debt is zero, company has 283 million USD in cash on account , ROE is around 3.5 %).