NVIDIA Corp NVDA
Summary (from latest annual report – 2016, fiscal year ends in January )
- Total equity: 4.46 billion USD
- Market Cap is 23.5 billion USD ( last price of the stock is 43.36 USD)
- NVIDIA Corp is a visual computing company targeting markets including Gaming, Professional Visualization, Datacenter and Automotive. The Company's reporting segments include GPU and Tegra Processor
- Equity of total company increased from 4.41 billion USD in 2015 to 4.46 billion in 2016
- Company has 596 million USD in cash on account (from latest annual report2016 year)
- Total equity – cash on account = 4.46 billion USD – 596 million USD = 3.86 billion USD
- NVDA has 4.04 billion USD treasury stock
- In 2016 company has 190 million USD long-term debt, short – term debt was 1.4 billion USD(In 2015 company had 1.38 billion USD long-term debt , short-term debt was 168 million USD)
- In latest annual report - total equity increased to 4.46 billion USD from 4.41 billion USD in 2015, total debt was 1.59 billion USD in 2016)
- Company's revenue increased in 2016 to 5.01 billion USD from 4.68 billion in 2015
- Net income in 2016 was 614 million USD, Net income in 2015 was 631 million USD
- In 2016 company paid 213 million USD dividend to its shareholders
NVIDIA Corp NVDA
NVIDIA Corp is an American technology company based in Santa Clara, California. Nvidia designs graphics processing units (GPUs) for the gaming market, as well as system on a chip units (SOCs) for the mobile computing and automotive market. Nvidia's primary GPU product line, labeled "GeForce", is in direct competition with Advanced Micro Devices' (AMD) "Radeon" products. Nvidia expanded its presence in the gaming industry with its handheld SHIELD Portable, SHIELD Tablet, and SHIELD Android TV.
Since 2014, Nvidia has shifted to become a platform company focused on four markets — Gaming, Professional Visualization, Data Centers and Auto. In addition to GPU manufacturing, Nvidia provides parallel processing capabilities to researchers and scientists that allow them to efficiently run high-performance applications. They are deployed in supercomputing sites around the world. More recently, Nvidia has moved into the mobile computing market, where it produces Tegra mobile processors for smartphones and tablets, as well as vehicle navigation and entertainment systems.
NVIDIA Corp standalone subsidiaries and acquisitions :
- In 2000, Nvidia acquired the intellectual assets of its one-time rival 3dfx for 70 million USD, one of the biggest graphics companies of the mid-to-late 1990s
- In August 2003, Nvidia acquired MediaQ for approximately 70million USD
- On December 14, 2005, Nvidia acquired ULI Electronics for 52 million USD, which at the time supplied third-party southbridge parts for chipsets to ATI, Nvidia's competitor
- On January 5, 2007, Nvidia announced that it had completed the acquisition of PortalPlayer for 357 million USD
- In February 2008, Nvidia acquired Ageia Technologies for approximately 150 million USD, Ageia developed the PhysX physics engine hardware and SDK
- In May 2011, it was announced that Nvidia had agreed to acquire Icera, a baseband chip making company in the UK, for 367 million USD in cash
- In period from 2002, NVIDIA Corp had several smaller acquisitions : Exluna, iReady, Hybrid Graphics, PGI - worth 150 million USD
Total = 1.21 billion usd
On January 10, 2011, Nvidia signed a six-year cross-licensing agreement with Intel, marking the end of all outstanding legal disputes between these two companies. According to the agreement, Intel agreed to pay Nvidia $1.5 billion in licensing fees in five annual installments
Beginning August 2004, NVDA Board of Directors authorized , subject to certain specifications, to repurchase shares of their common stock. In May 2015, the Board extended the previously authorized repurchase program through December 2018 and authorized an additional $1.62 billion under the repurchase program.
Through January 31, 2016, company has repurchased an aggregate of 231 million shares under their share repurchase program for a total cost of $3.85 billion. As of January 31, 2016, they are authorized, subject to certain specifications, to repurchase additional shares of their common stock up to $1.47 billion through December 2018.
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a good company and in the future we can expect its growth (Total debt is 1.59 billion usd, company has 596 million USD in cash on account, ROE is around 13 %).