general electric equity, debt and subsidiaires

Accuracy score :
97%

General Electric Co  GE

Summary (from latest annual report – 2015)

  • Total equity  : 100.1 billion USD
  • Market Cap is 297.2 billion USD ( last price of the stock is 29.40 USD)
  • General Electric Co is a diversified company with products & services that range from aircraft engines, power generation, oil & gas production equipment, household appliances, medical imaging, business & consumer financing and industrial products
  • Equity of total company decreased from 136 billion USD in 2014 to 100.1 billion in 2015
  • Company has 70 billion USD in cash on account
  • Total equity – cash on account = 100.1 billion usd - 70 billion usd = 30.1 billion usd
  • In 2015 company has 145.3 billion usd long-term debt, short – term debt was 49.8 billion usd

In 2014 company had 186.5 billion usd long-term debt, short-term debt was 70.4 billion usd

  • GE balance sheet has become weaker in 2015 (In latest annual report - total equity decreased to 100.1 billion USD from 136 in 2014, total debt was 195.1 billion usd in 2015)
  • Company's revenue increased in latest annual report  to 117.38 billion usd from 117.18 billion in 2014
  • In 2015 GE has 6.14 billion net loss, net income in 2014 was 15.23 billion usd
  •  In 2015 company paid 9.28 billion usd dividend to its shareholders

General Electric Co  GE Subsidiaries

General Electric Co is a diversified company with products & services that range from aircraft engines, power generation, oil & gas production equipment, household appliances, medical imaging, business & consumer financing and industrial products. The first landmark acquisition was in 1994, when the company acquired Nuovo Pignone, an Italian gas turbine, compression and pump equipment supplier.

  • In 1999 GE acquired OEC Medical Systems for 480 million usd
  • In 2002 GE Energy acquired a small software company Bently Nevada Corp - amount was not disclosed but it is less than 100 million usd
  • In 2002 GE acquired a British maker of electrical measuring instruments Druck inc for 335 million usd
  • In 2003 GE Healthcare acquires Instrumentarium for 2.4 billion usd
  • In 2003 GE Capital acquires Transamerica Finance from AEGON, who retained the rest of Transamerica Corporation for 5.4 billion usd
  • In 2004 GE Healthcare acquires Amersham plc for 9.5 billion usd
  • In 2004 GE Capital acquires Dillard's credit card unit for 1.25 billion usd
  • In 2005 GE Commercial Finance acquires the financial assets of Bombardier, a Canadian aircraft manufacturer for 1.4 billion usd
  • In 2006 GE Healthcare acquires IDX Systems, a medical software firm, for 1.2 billion usd
  • In 2007 GE Water & Process Technologies acquires Zenon Environmental Systems for 758 million usd
  • In 2007 GE Consumer & Industrial acquires Microwave Data Systems for 600 million usd
  • In 2007 GE-Aviation acquires Smiths Aerospace for 4.8 billion usd
  • In 2007 GE Oil & Gas acquires Vetco Gray for 1.9 billion usd
  • In 2008 GE Oil & Gas acquires Hydril Pressure & Control for 1.12 billion usd
  • In 2008 GE acquired healthcare brand Whatman for 718 million usd
  • In 2010 GE acquires oil-field equipment maker Dresser Inc for 3 billion usd
  • In 2011 GE acquired Power Holding LLC for 520 million usd
  • In 2015 GE acquires Alstom for 10 billion usd
  • Subsidiary Granite Services worth 20 billion usd
  • Global Nuclear Fuel, which is 60 percent owned by GE with the remaining 40 percent split between Hitachi and Toshiba worth 200 million usd

Total = 64.67 billion usd

 

Opinion about the company

Fundamentally it is a not good company (Total debt is very big (195.1 billion usd), company has 70 billion USD in cash on account  , ROE is negative:  around  - 5%).

The Reports that you may like

Stock Title % of value Value per share 2018-12-19
(zyne) Zyne Helping something or working at a job that helps people provides cumulative happiness while the opposite provides anxiety -256.67 -3.0000 2018-11-26
(zyne) Zyne Learn or Produce -256.67 -3.0000 2018-12-19
(zyne) Zyne Calls and Puts - Its usage in investing -256.67 -3.0000 2018-12-12
(zyne) Zyne Eating a plate of mixed vegetables will boost immune system
-256.67 -3.0000 2018-11-27
(zyne) Zyne Three Pillars of Health -256.67 -3.0000 2018-11-27