Abercrombie & Fitch Co Class A ANF
Summary (from latest annual report – 2016, fiscal year ends in January)
- Total equity: 1.29 billion USD
- Market Cap is 1.6 billion USD ( last price of the stock is 24.04 USD)
- Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) is an American retailer that focuses on upscale casual wear for young consumers, and is headquartered in New Albany, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. It has over 300 locations in the United States, and is expanding internationally
- Equity of total company decreased from 1.39 billion USD in 2015 to 1.29 billion in 2016
- Company has 589 million USD in cash on account (from latest annual report2016 year)
- Total equity – cash on account = 1.29 billion USD – 589 million USD = 701 million USD
- ANF has 1.53 billion USD treasury stock
- In 2016 company has 286 million USD long-term debt, short – term debt was zero(In 2015 company had 2 million USD short-term debt , long-term debt was 291 million USD)
- In latest annual report - total equity decreased to 1.29 billion USD from 1.39 billion USD in 2015, total debt was 286 million USD in 2016)
- Company's revenue decreased in 2016 (latest annual report) to 3.51 billion USD from 3.74 billion in 2015
- Net income in 2016 was 36 million USD, Net income in 2015 was 52 million USD
- In 2016 company paid 55 million USD dividend to its shareholders
Abercrombie & Fitch Co Class A Subsidiaries ANF
Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) is an American retailer that focuses on upscale casual wear for young consumers, and is headquartered in New Albany, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. It has over 300 locations in the United States, and is expanding internationally. The company operates two offshoot brands: Abercrombie Kids and Hollister Co., in addition to two brands, Ruehl No.925 and Gilly Hicks, that closed in early 2010 and 2015.
The Abercrombie & Fitch brand is believed to have reached its maximum growth potential in the American market. International expansion began in 2005, with the long-term goal of opening flagships for A&F (and eventually all its brands), in high-profile locations worldwide "at a deliberate pace". After initially opening at a deliberately slow pace, the company began to accelerate international expansion for its namesake and its Hollister Co. brand in 2012.
The first non-U.S. Abercrombie & Fitch stores opened in Toronto and Edmonton in 2005, and then expanded to other major cities in Canada. The company first entered the European market in 2007 with the opening of its flagship London store at 7 Burlington Gardens, Savile Row. Since then, the company has opened stores in Milan, Copenhagen, Paris, Madrid, Brussels and other major cities in Europe, including six stores in Germany. The company opened its first Asian A&F flagship store in Tokyo in 2009, followed by Fukuoka, Singapore, Hong Kong and Seoul. The company would primarily focus on the Chinese and Japanese markets where luxury consumption is high. The company has also entered a franchise agreement with Grupo AXO to open retail stores in Mexico by 2015.
Abercrombie & Fitch has 754 stores in the United States and 178 stores across Canada, Europe, Asia and the Middle East
- US division worth 1.2 billion USD
- Other divisions worth 400 million USD
Total = 1.6 billion usd
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a good company and in the future we can expect its growth (Total debt is acceptable -286 million usd, company has 589 million USD in cash on account, ROE is around 2.7 %).