Summary (from the latest annual report – 2018)
- Total equity: 3.2 billion USD
- Market Cap is 8.6 billion USD ( the last price of the stock is 42.12 USD)
- Zillow Group Inc provides real estate and home-related information marketplaces on mobile and web-based platforms
- The company has 650 million USD in cash on account
- Total equity – cash on account = 3.2 billion USD – 650 million USD = 2.55 billion USD
- In 2018 the company had 699 million USD long-term debt, short – term debt was 150 million USD (In 2017 total debt was 385 million USD)
- The company's revenue has increased in the latest 2018 annual report to 1.33 billion USD from 1.07 billion in 2017
- Net loss in 2018 was 120 million USD, Net loss in 2017 was 94 million USD
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a not good company but in the future, we can expect its growth ( total debt is 849 million USD, big amount of cash on company's account, ROE is around -3).
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. The company’s brands focus on all stages of the home lifecycle: renting, buying, selling, financing and home improvement. Zillow Group is committed to empowering consumers with unparalleled data, inspiration and knowledge around homes, and connecting them with the right local professionals to help. In addition, Zillow Group develops a comprehensive suite of marketing software and technology solutions to help real estate, rental and mortgage professionals maximize business opportunities and connect with millions of consumers. The company is headquartered in Seattle and trades on NASDAQ under the ticker symbols Z and ZG.
For the year ended December 31, 2018, Zillow generated revenue of $1,333.6 million, as compared to $1,076.8 million for the year ended December 31, 2017, an increase of 24%. Zillow generates revenue from the sale of advertising services and its suite of marketing software and technology solutions to businesses and professionals primarily associated with the residential real estate, rental and mortgage industries. ZG also generates revenue through the resale of homes on the open market through its Zillow Offers program which was announced in April of 2018, as well as through mortgage originations through its October 2018 acquisition of MLOA, a licensed mortgage lender. Zillow has never declared or paid a cash dividend on its common or capital stock and Zillow intends to retain all available funds and any future earnings to fund the development and growth of its business.
Zillow Group’s portfolio includes:
- Zillow®, the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.
- Trulia® helps buyers and renters find a place where they will love to live. With insights sourced straight from locals and over 34 neighborhood map overlays like crime and schools, Trulia offers a deeper understanding of what living in a home and a neighborhood is really like.
- StreetEasy®, New York City’s leading local real estate marketplace, providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area.
- HotPads®, a map-based apartment and home rental search brand, and a top destination for renters in urban areas across the United States.
- Naked Apartments®, New York City’s largest rentals-only platform, provides innovative tools and quality listings so renters can simply and quickly find their apartment, and makes it easier for brokers and landlords to connect with renters to fill available apartments faster.
- RealEstate.com, a home shopping brand, designed for first-time buyers and millennial home buyers.
- Out East, the ultimate online destination for Hamptons real estate, provides insider tips and locally penned guides that complement a hyper-customized shopping experience that lets buyers and renters search by town and see a home’s proximity to beaches, farmers markets, transportation options, and other local points of interest.
- Mortgage Lenders of America, a national provider of online mortgage lending services.
ZG standalone subsidiaries and acquisitions:
Zillow Group had two reportable segments: the Internet, Media & Technology (“IMT”) segment, its historical operating and reportable segment, and the Homes segment. Media & Technology (“IMT”) segment represents 97% of total revenues while the Homes segment represents 3% of total revenues.
- In 2015 Zillow completed its previously announced acquisition of Trulia, Inc. for 2.5 billion USD in a stock-for-stock transaction
- In the period from 2011 - 2018, Zillow had several small acquisitions (Postlets, Diverse Solutions, RentJuice, Buyfolio, Mortech, HotPads, Retsly, StreetEasy, DotLoop, Naked Apartments, Bridge Interactive Group, Hutch, New Home Feed, Mortgage Lenders of America) worth around 500 million USD
Total =3 billion USD