AT&T Inc T
Summary (from latest annual report – 2015)
- Total equity : 122.67 billion USD
- Market Cap is 236.8 billion USD ( last price of the stock is 38.50 USD)
- AT&T Inc, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in provision of communications and digital entertainment services in the United States and the world
- Equity of total company increased from 86.37 billion USD in 2014 to 122.67 billion in 2015
- Company has 5.12 billion USD in cash on account (from latest annual report 2015 year)
- Total equity – cash on account = 122.67 billion usd – 5.12 billion usd = 117.55 billion usd
- In 2015 company has 118.5 billion USD long-term debt, short – term debt was 7.6 billion USD (In 2014 company had 76.01 billion USD long-term debt , short-term debt was 6.05 billion USD)
- AT&T balance sheet has become stronger in 2015 (In latest annual report - total equity increased to 122.67 billion USD from 76.01 billion USD in 2014, total debt was 126.1 billion USD in 2015)
- Company's revenue increased in 2015 to 146.8 billion USD from 132.4 billion in 2014
- Net income in 2015 was 13.34 billion USD, Net income in 2014 was 6.22 billion USD
- In 2015 company paid 10.2 billion usd dividend to its shareholders
AT&T Inc Subsidiaries
AT&T Inc. is an American multinational telecommunications corporation, headquartered at Whitacre Tower in downtown Dallas, Texas. AT&T is the second largest provider of mobile telephone and the largest provider of fixed telephone in the United States, and also provides broadband subscription television services. As of 2016, it is also the 18th-largest mobile telecom operator in the world, with over 128.6 million mobile customers.
AT&T Inc. began its existence as Southwestern Bell Corporation, one of seven Regional Bell Operating Companies (RBOC's) created in 1983 in the divestiture of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (founded 1885, later AT&T Corp.) following the 1982 United States v. AT&T antitrust lawsuit. Southwestern Bell changed its name to SBC Communications Inc. in 1995. In 2005, SBC purchased former parent AT&T Corp. and took on its branding, with the merged entity naming itself AT&T Inc. and using the iconic AT&T Corp. logo and stock-trading symbol. The current AT&T reconstitutes much of the former Bell System and includes ten of the original 22 Bell Operating Companies, along with the original long distance division.
AT&T standalone subsidiaries and acquisitions :
- In 2005, SBC purchased AT&T for 16 billion USD. After this purchase, SBC adopted the AT&T name and brand
- On November 11, 2008, AT&T announced a 944 million USD buyout of Centennial Communications Corp.
- On December 12, 2008, AT&T acquired Wayport, Inc., a major provider of Internet hotspots in the United States for 275 million USD
- On December 20, 2011, AT&T and Qualcomm announced that AT&T would buy 1.93 billion USD worth of spectrum from Qualcomm
- AT&T agreed to buy much smaller rival Leap Wireless ( this company owns Cricket Wireless ) for about 1.2 billion USD in cash in 2013
- On November 7, 2014, AT&T announced its purchase of Iusacell to create a wider North American network for 2.5 billion USD
- On May 18, 2014, AT&T announced it had agreed to purchase DirecTV for 48.5 billion USD ( Direct TV owns SKY Brasil Serviços Ltda which is now standalone subsidiary of AT&T, SKY Brasil is worth 2 billion USD )
- Of the twenty-four companies that were part of the Bell System, nine are a part of the current AT&T: BellSouth Telecommunications, Illinois Bell, Indiana Bell, Michigan Bell, Ohio Bell, Pacific Bell, Nevada Bell, Southwestern Bell, Wisconsin Bell – worth 100 billion USD, (The biggest of this companies is BellSouth Telecommunications, AT&T Inc. acquired BellSouth for approximately $86 billion (1.325 shares of AT&T for each share of BellSouth in 2006)
- Standalone subsidiary Teleport Communications was acquired by AT&T for 12 billion USD in 1998
Total = 183.34 billion usd
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a good company and in the future we can expect its growth (Total debt is very big (126.1 billion usd), company has 5.12 billion USD in cash on account, ROE is around 12 %).