Ralph Lauren Corp Class A
Summary (from latest annual report – 2015)
- Total equity : 3.8 billion USD
- Market Cap is 7.3 billion USD ( last price of the stock is 86,94 USD)
- Ralph Lauren Corp designs, markets, and distributes men's, women's and children's apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. Its segments include Wholesale, Retail, and Licensing
- Equity of total company decreased from 3.81 billion USD in 2014 to 3.8 billion in 2015
- Company has 527 million USD in cash on account (from latest annual report 2015 year)
- Total equity – cash on account = 3.8 billion usd - 527 million usd = 3.273 billion usd
- In 2015 company has 596 million usd long-term debt and 15 million usd short – term debt (In 2014 company had 597 million usd long-term debt and 130 million usd short-term debt )
- RL balance sheet has become a little weaker in 2015 (In latest annual report - total equity decreased to 3.8 billion USD from 3.81 in 2014, total debt was 611 million usd in 2015)
- Company's revenue decreased in 2015 to 1.94 billion usd from 1.97 billion in 2014
- Net income decreased in 2015 to 130 million USD from 160 million usd in 2014
- In 2015 company paid 42 million usd dividend to its shareholders
Ralph Lauren Corp subsidiaries
Ralph Lauren Corporation is an American, publicly traded holding company headquartered in New York City. The company, through its subsidiaries, designs, markets and sells luxury men's, women's and children's apparel, accessories, fragrances and home furnishings to customers worldwide. Ralph Lauren Corporation began with the 1967 founding of the Polo Ralph Lauren company by American designer Ralph Lauren. Ralph Lauren Corporation produces clothing, accessories, footwear, fragrances, and furniture all marketed under its portfolio of various brands.
Subsidiaries of the company are:
- Acqui Polo CV
- Acqui Polo GP, LLC
- Ralph Lauren Retail, Inc. (f/k/a Fashions Outlet of America, Inc.)
- RL Finance BV (f/k/a Polo Fin BV)
- Ralph Lauren Holding BV (f/k/a Polo Hold BV)
- Ralph Lauren Asia Pacific Limited (f/k/a Polo Ralph Lauren Asia Pacific, Limited)
- Ralph Lauren Europe Sàrl (f/k/a Polo Ralph Lauren Europe Sàrl)
- PRL Fashions Inc.
- PRL International, Inc.
- PRL Netherlands Limited, LLC (f/k/a Acqui Polo Limited, LLC)
- PRL USA Holdings, Inc.
- The Polo/Lauren Company LP
- In March 1999, RL paid $80 million for Club Monaco Inc., a chain of trendy clothing stores based in Toronto. It had 56 stores in Canada and 13 in the United States
- RL bought European licensee Poloco SA in 2000 for $230 million
- Italian licensee PRL Fashions of Europe and a Belgian store were acquired in 2001, today worth 200 million usd
- In February 2003, RL paid ¥5.6 billion ($47.6 million) for a 50 percent interest in the master license of the Polo Ralph Lauren men's, women's, and jeans business in Japan
- RL has bought out the 50% ownership interest of Ralph Lauren Media, LLC held by NBC-Lauren Media Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary wholly owned by NBC Universal) and ValueVision Media, Inc. giving Polo full ownership of the Polo.com operation. The acquisition is a cash transaction of $175 million - today worth 400 million usd
- Established subsidiaries of the company worth 6.3 billion usd
Total = 7.3 billion USD (established and acquired)
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a good company and in the future we can expect its growth (total debt is acceptable (611 million usd), big amount of cash on company's account, ROE is around 12 %).