iRobot Corp IRBT
Summary (from the latest annual report)
- Total equity: 470 million USD
- Market Cap is 1.63 billion USD (the last price of the stock is 58.31 USD)
- iRobot designs small, artificially intelligent consumer robots. The company's most successful products include its automatic Roomba vacuum and the floor-mopping Braava
- Total equity has increased from 389 million USD in 2016 to 470 million in 2017
- The company has 129 million USD in cash on the account (latest annual report)
- In 2017 total debt was zero (In 2016 total debt was also zero)
- Company's revenue increased in 2017 to 884 million USD from 661 million in 2016
- Net income in 2017 was 51 million USD, Net income in 2016 was 42 million USD
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a very good company and in the future, we can expect its growth (Total debt is zero, big amount of cash on company's account, ROE is around 11 %).
iRobot Corp IRBT
iRobot Corporation is a leading global consumer robot company that designs and builds robots that empower people to do more both inside and outside of the home. The Company's consumer robots help people find smarter ways to clean and accomplish more in their daily lives. iRobot's portfolio of solutions features proprietary technologies for the connected home and advanced concepts in cleaning, mapping and navigation, human-robot interaction, and physical solutions.
Over the past sixteen years, the company has sold more than 20 million consumer robots worldwide. During 2016, iRobot Corporation took several steps to become more focused on its well-established consumer robots business and to capitalize on the substantial opportunities available to within consumer markets. iRobot Corporation completed the sale of its defense and security business unit in April 2016. In addition, the company reallocated all the research and development resources from its remote presence business to its consumer business during the first quarter of 2016, and exited the remote presence business during the second quarter of 2016. The company announced recently a relationship with Amazon Web Services, or AWS, that we believe will enable iRobot to address significant opportunities within our consumer business and the connected home. AWS Cloud is a managed cloud solution that enables connected devices to interact easily and securely with cloud applications and other devices.
- Total revenue for 2017 was $883.9 million, which represents a 33.8% increase from 2016 revenue of $660.6 million. Domestic consumer robots revenue grew $133.2 million primarily due to increased sales as a result of significant investments in advertising media and national promotions as well as the strength of the Roomba 900 series and Roomba 600 series
- International consumer robots revenue grew by $94.6 million in 2017 with increases in most markets, offset by a decline in China
IRBT standalone subsidiaries and acquisitions :
- On April 3, 2017, IRBT closed the acquisition of the iRobot-related distribution business of Sales On Demand Corporation (SODC) based in Tokyo, Japan for approximately $16.6 million in cash
- On October 2, 2017, IRBT closed the acquisition of its largest European distributor, Robopolis SAS, a French company (Robopolis), for approximately $170.1 million in cash, which was offset by acquired cash held by Robopolis and its subsidiaries, resulting in a net cash outlay of approximately $132.1 million
- In 2012, IRBT acquired Evolution Robotics for $70 million
Total = 256.7 million USD