Summary (from latest 2017 annual report)
- Total equity: 782 million USD
- Market Cap is 15.5 billion HKD=2.01 billion USD (the last price of the stock is 1.72 HKD, 1 HKD equals 0.13 United States Dollar)
- Razer Inc is engaged in the design, manufacture, distributions, research, and development of computer peripherals, systems, and accessories. It operates in four segments namely Peripherals, Systems, Software and Services and Others
- The company has 646 million USD in cash on the account (latest annual report)
- In 2017 long-term debt was zero, short – term debt was also zero (In 2017 total debt was zero)
- Company's revenue increased in 2017 to 518 million USD from 392 million in 2016
- Net loss in 2017 was 164 million USD, Net loss in 2016 was 59 million USD
Opinion about the company
Fundamentally it is a not good company ( company operates with net loss , Total debt is zero, the company has 646 million USD in cash on the account, ROE is negative: around - 35 %).
Razer Inc. (stylized as RΛZΞR), is a global gaming hardware manufacturing company established in 2005 by Singaporean entrepreneur Min-Liang Tan and Robert Krakoff, after securing huge investment from Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing and Singapore's Temasek Holdings. The company has dual-headquarters in Singapore and San Francisco, California and has been listed in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since November 2017. Razer has "built the largest global gamer ecosystem of hardware and software and services". Razer is one of the world's most recognizable and best-performing gaming brands and is also considered one of the pioneers of eSports as well as one of the biggest brands in eSports today. Its founder, Min-Liang Tan has been credited as the brain behind Razer, directing and overseeing the design and development of all of its products.
The company operates in four segments :
- Services and Others
Peripherals primarily comprise the sale of gaming mice, keyboards, audio devices and mouse mats, Systems involves the sale of laptops, Software and Services include Razer Software Platform and zGold, and Others comprises next-generation products which remain in the development or early marketing phases. The company generates a majority of its revenue from Peripherals. Geographically, it gets a major share of revenue from America.
Razer standalone subsidiaries and acquisitions :
- Razer had several smaller acquisitions worth around 50 million USD (In July 2015, Razer announced it was purchasing the software division of video-game company Ouya. In October 2016, Razer purchased THX from Lucasfilm Limited according to THX CEO Ty Ahmad-Taylor. In January 2017, Razer bought manufacturer Nextbit, the startup behind the Robin smartphone
- In 2018, Razeracquired e-payments platform MOL for about 61 million USD, before this deal, Razer’s owned a 34.9% stake in MOL worth 40 million USD.
Total = 151 million USD